Our Facilities
The History
Restaurant
Skimaps
Mountain Bike
Bus & Auto Tourism
Prices
Night rides
Shopping in Ortisei
Foto Gallery
Webcams
Panorama
Contact
Home
  
   
The History
 

The first idea of a connection between the village Ortisei and the 800 meters higher alpine pasture was in the year 1929 and came from the pioneering spirit of a handful of people. The realization of a first ascent-installation was put into effect in the following years and in 1935, 16 persons took the first ascent by cable-car to the Alpe di Siusi. At the time the winter tourism of the Gardena Valley was going to flourish and soon there was the necessity to adapt the capacity of the ascent-installation to the many people coming to visit the mountains. So in 1953 and 1969 there were new measures of renovation for the 1870 meters marked-out route, with a capacity of 500 persons per hour. In the seventies and eighties there was an even bigger upturn of the tourism so that the queue and the waiting period became longer and longer and the planning of a new system was necessary.
The present cable railway started its inauguration at Christmas 1999 and it consists of 35 cable-cars for 15 persons each, with a total capacity of 4000 persons per hour. Now you will reach in an only 5 minutes ascent the Alpe di Siusi with its 20 ski lifts and chairlifts and the many walking tracks and cross-country skiing runs. .

 Old Fotos
           
1935
1970
1990
   
 
 newspaper article

 

© Internet Service  - Impressum - Umlaufbahn Seiseralm - Ovovia Alpe di Siusi